Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ramping up

Starting on June 7th, I have ramped up my work out routine. I have less than 2 Months before I leave for Rainier! Time to bust my butt in preparation. I have slacked off a bit lately while I was out of town on business.

Here is my workout schedule:

Mondays: After work - Drive to Boulder. Choose one 1) Hike in the Flatirons, 2) Hit the rock climbing gym. Stretch!

Tuesdays: Bike home from work (24 miles). Stretch! Balance exercises (slackline, core blasters, yoga, hooping)

Wednesdays: Bike to work (24 miles). Stretch! After work - Drive to Boulder. Choose one 1) Hike in the Flatirons, 2) Hit the rock climbing gym. Stretch!

Thursdays: Bike home from work (24 miles). Stretch! Balance exercises (slackline, core blasters, yoga, hooping)

Fridays: Bike to Work (24 miles). Stretch! After work - Drive to Boulder. Choose one 1) Hike in the Flatirons, 2) Hit the rock climbing gym. Stretch!

Saturdays: Training event. Choose one or more: 1) Long hike with +30lb. pack. 2) Climb a 14'er with 30lb. pack. 3) Rock climbing outing (Lead climbing/multi pitch). 4) Long bike ride (lots of hills).

Sundays: Rest!

So that is the plan! In July, I will try to increase the intensity and length of the workout sessions.

It has only been a week and I can already feel my muscular structure changing.

Thank you Father for making our bodies with the ability to stretch, change, tear, adapt and heal! I pray that I can bring glory and honor to my Lord and Savior through this mountain climbing journey. Lord, help me to be humble and give you all of my praise. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment